Political Science Minor
The political science minor offers a variety of courses designed to provide you with an understanding of historical and political processes. While pursuing political science at Olivet College, you will be introduced to advanced research, writing and social science research methods. A degree in political science provides excellent preparation for law school, government work, foreign service, and various service industries and institutions.
The following is an overview of courses associated with this minor. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Political Science Minor Core Courses
- HST 202 History of the United States II
- POS 201 American Government – National
- POS 202 American Government – State and Local
Complete five of the following courses:
- POS 305 The American Constitution
- POS 310 Michigan Government and Politics
- POS 316 Modern Russia
- POS 317 American Foreign Policy in the 20th Century
- POS 320 The Legislative Branch: The Working Congress
- POS 321 The Judicial Branch: The Supreme Court, Law, and The Legal Process
- POS 330 Public Administration, The Courts, Law Enforcement, and the Police
- POS 418 Independent Study