Chemistry Secondary Education Major
The Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry secondary teaching requires a minimum major grade point average of 3.00. The following is an overview of courses associated with our chemistry secondary education major. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Chemistry Secondary Education Major Core Courses
- CEM 151 General Chemistry I
- CEM 152 General Chemistry II
- CEM 153 General Chemistry I Laboratory
- CEM 154 General Chemistry II Laboratory
- CEM 221 Analytical Chemistry
- CEM 223 Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
- CEM 231 Organic Chemistry I
- CEM 232 Organic Chemistry II
- CEM 233 Organic Chemistry I Laboratory
- CEM 234 Organic Chemistry II Laboratory
- CEM 332 Biochemistry: Biomolecules and Metabolism
- CEM 333 Biochemistry: Molecular Genetics and Biosynthesis
- CEM 401 Physical Chemistry
- CEM 420 Chemical Instrumentation
- CEM 431 Molecular Biology Techniques
- ED 396 Teaching Methods in Science
- MTH 151 Calculus I
"The love is real. Olivet faculty will help you graduate as long as you are willing to help yourself first. Olivet is small, which means small classes and more opportunities to meet one-on-one with faculty. You aren’t just a number."