Elementary Education Certification
The following is an overview of courses associated with our elementary education certification. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Elementary Certification Core Classes
- ED 201 Foundations of American Education
- ED 202 Psychology of Human Development and Learning
- ED 203 Education of the Exceptional Learner
- ED 300 Methods of Teaching Reading in the Elementary School
- ED 301 Individual Reading Instruction in the Elementary School
- ED 310 Technology in the Classroom
- ED 401 Elementary Methods
- ED 407 Observation and Directed Teaching in the Elementary School
NOTE: In addition to the courses listed above, teaching methods courses are required for certification with the state of Michigan. These course requirements are listed with the major and/or minor course requirements.
"The love is real. Olivet faculty will help you graduate as long as you are willing to help yourself first. Olivet is small, which means small classes and more opportunities to meet one-on-one with faculty. You aren’t just a number."