Physical Education Major (k-12)
A Bachelor of Arts degree in physical education elementary and secondary teaching major requires a minimum major grade point average of 3.00. The following is an overview of courses associated with our physical education major. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Physical Education (k-12) Major Core Courses
- ED 305 Materials and Methods of Health and Physical Education
- HWL 250 Nutrition
- HWL 260 Human Anatomy
- PE 106 Principles and Foundations of Physical Education and Health
- PE 107 First Aid
- PE 210 k-12 Physical Education
- PE 211 Theory of Teaching Team Activities
- PE 214 Theory of Teaching Individual Activities
- PE 215 Theory of Teaching Tumbling, Stunts and Rhythms
- PE 217 Theory of Teaching Physical Fitness
- PE 305 Organization and Administration of Physical Education
- PE 310 Measurements and Evaluation Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- PE 320 Motor Learning
- PE 401 Kinesiology
- PE 405 Exercise Physiology
- THR 121 Introduction to Dance
"The love is real. Olivet faculty will help you graduate as long as you are willing to help yourself first. Olivet is small, which means small classes and more opportunities to meet one-on-one with faculty. You aren’t just a number."