Reading Elementary Education Minor
The reading elementary education minor requires a minimum minor grade point average of 3.00. The following is an overview of courses associated with this minor. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Reading Elementary Education Minor Core Courses
- ED 300 Methods of Teaching Reading in the Elementary School
- ED 301 Individual Reading Instruction in the Elementary School
- ED 303 Diagnosis and Treatment of Reading Disabilities and Differentiated Instruction
- ED 304 Reading Strategies and Small Group Instruction
- ED 306 Managing the Writer’s Workshop
- ED 307 Exceptionalities in the Literacy Classroom
- ED 308 Linguistics for Teachers: Phonics, Phonemic Awareness, Word Study, Spelling, and Vocabulary Development
- ED 309 Methods of Teaching Reading Using Children’s Literature
- ED 311 Authentic Hands on Literacy Practice
"The love is real. Olivet faculty will help you graduate as long as you are willing to help yourself first. Olivet is small, which means small classes and more opportunities to meet one-on-one with faculty. You aren’t just a number."