Secondary Education Certification
The following is an overview of courses associated with our secondary education certification. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Secondary Education Certification Core Courses
- ED 201 Foundations of American Education
- ED 202 Psychology of Human Development and Learning
- ED 203 Education of the Exceptional Learner
- ED 302 Methods of Teaching Reading in the Secondary School
- ED 310 Technology in the Classroom
- ED 402 Secondary Methods
- ED 408 Observation and Directed Teaching in the Secondary School
NOTE: In addition to the courses listed above, teaching methods courses may also be required for majors and/or minors to be certified by the State of Michigan. These course requirements are listed with the major and/or minor course requirements.
"The love is real. Olivet faculty will help you graduate as long as you are willing to help yourself first. Olivet is small, which means small classes and more opportunities to meet one-on-one with faculty. You aren’t just a number."