Special Education for Emotional Impairment Major (k-12)
The Bachelor of Arts degree in special education for emotionally impaired elementary and secondary teaching major requires a minimum major grade point average of 3.00. The following is an overview of courses associated with our special education for emotional impairment major. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Special Education for Emotional Impairment (k-12) Major Core Courses
- PSY 314 Development Across the Lifespan
- PSY 325 Abnormal Psychology
- ED 390 Behavior Management
- ED 398 Methods of Teaching Students with Emotional Impairments I
- ED 399 Methods of Teaching Students with Emotional Impairments II
- ED 404 Evaluation of Special Needs Students
- ED 405 Methods of Special Education Services and Administration
- ED 406 Classroom Intervention & Teacher Consultation
- ED 409 Observation and Directed Teaching for Special Education
- ED 411 Seminar for Special Education
"The love is real. Olivet faculty will help you graduate as long as you are willing to help yourself first. Olivet is small, which means small classes and more opportunities to meet one-on-one with faculty. You aren’t just a number."