Visual Arts Education Major (k-12)
The Bachelor of Arts degree in visual arts education secondary teaching requires a minimum major grade point average of 3.00. The following is an overview of courses associated with our visual arts education major. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Visual Arts Education (k-12) Major Core Courses
- ART 101 Image and Culture
- ART 105 Drawing Skills Lab
- ART 107 Visual Foundations
- ART 200 Ceramics: Fundamental
- ART 205 Portrait Sculpture: Fundamental
- ART 221 Sculpture: Fundamental
- ART 231 Printmaking: Fundamental
- ART 240 History of World Art I
- ART 241 History of World Art II
- ART 242 Modern & Contemporary Art History
- ART 245 Figure Drawing: Fundamental
- ART 251 Painting: Fundamental
- ART 271 Biological Illustration: Fundamental
- ART 311 Graphic Design/Composition Art I
- ART 490 Advanced Independent Work
- ART XXX Studio Advanced level studio (two 300- or 400-level courses, single focus; painting, sculpture, printmaking or ceramics)
- ED 260 Art Education: Foundation, Theory and Practice
- ED 330 Art Education: Integration and Expansion
- ED 360 Art Education: Media, Methodology, Technology and Advocacy
"The love is real. Olivet faculty will help you graduate as long as you are willing to help yourself first. Olivet is small, which means small classes and more opportunities to meet one-on-one with faculty. You aren’t just a number."