institutional advancement
MAKE A GIFT TO OLIVET COLLEGE
homeabout usnew studentsacademicsstudent lifeathleticsalumni

annual report bill of rights giving societies

 

 


 

About the Office of Institutional Advancement
The Olivet College Office of Institutional Advancement is committed to raising resources and building relationships; encouraging alumni, parents, friends, corporations and foundations to participate in the growth and development of Olivet College, to borrow the words of The Olivet College Compact. The primary role of the advancement office is to secure sufficient resources over and above the college's other revenue to assure quality student learning now and for the future. A number of giving opportunities are available at Olivet College.

Major gifts to Olivet College provide the means for new facilities, expansion and improvement of existing facilities, equipment purchases, and program development. A walk through Olivet's campus offers vivid reminders of the impact major gifts have had over the years; providing and renewing classroom buildings, residence halls and athletic facilities.

For more information about making a gift to Olivet College, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at (269) 749-7630.

Olivet Fund
The Olivet College Olivet Fund plays an integral part in college operations. A gift to the Olivet Fund is used by the college to cover the day-to-day operational costs of maintaining the institution which are not covered by student tuition. The Olivet Fund runs in conjunction with our fiscal year, July 1 through June 30.

Many people think a student’s tuition supports the entire cost of his or her education at Olivet. But in reality, tuition only covers on average 70 percent of the education. Olivet College covers the remaining 30 percent via donations to the Olivet Fund. Your support covers such things as laboratory equipment, library resources, and services like tutoring, etc. Many non-endowed student scholarships are also supported through the Annual Fund.

If you would like to make a gift to Olivet College, please click on the link below or contact Nick Glaser '07, at (269) 749-7625.

Online Giving Form

Matching Gifts
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please enter your employer's name below.

If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to our organization may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.


Planned Giving

Individuals can make substantial gifts to Olivet College in a variety of ways. Often, personal assets can be structured to increase income, create substantial tax savings, provide income for other family members or heirs and, simultaneously, support Olivet College. Ways to achieve these goals include:

  • Bequests
  • Charitable Lead Trusts
  • Charitable Remainder Trusts
  • Gifts of Life Insurance or Life Insurance Trusts
  • Gift Annuities
  • Giving Securities
  • Giving Real Estate
  • Retained Life Estate Agreements

If you would like to establish a Planned Giving account, contact Ed Heator '80 at (269) 749-6691.


Staff
   
 
 
B.J. Hull
Vice President for Advancement

(269) 749-7535
 
 
Nick Glaser
Director of Annual Giving
Phone: (269) 749-7625

 

Molly Goaley '05
Director of Media Relations, Senior Writer
Phone: (269) 749-7141

 
 
  Ed Heator '80
Development Officer
(269) 749-6691
     
  Marty Mason Jennings '67
Director of Alumni Relations
Phone: (269) 749-7644
 
 
Mary Anne McMullen
Head Women's Tennis Coach, Director of Special Events
Phone: (269) 749-7131
 
 
Bruce Snyder
Director of Publications and Web Services
Phone: (269) 749-7514
 
 
Shannon Tiernan
Assistant Vice President for Marketing and Communications
Phone: (269) 749-7164
 
 
Michelle Keene
Administrative Assistant and Database Support
Phone: (269) 749-7932
 
 
Joy Wiseman
Director of Major Gifts and Foundations
Phone: (269) 749-7162
 
 

 


Olivet College Commencement scheduled for May 17 (Apr 23, 2014)

Olivet College names Looser vice president for finance and administration (Apr 23, 2014)

Olivet College to recognize state leaders (Apr 21, 2014)

>>> More News