Insurance Claims Investigation Minor
The insurance claims investigation minor offers the opportunity to earn a specialized minor in the field of insurance claims investigation. Olivet College is an innovator in the field of claims investigation education: This minor is not offered at any other institution in Michigan or any surrounding states.
This minor requires you to complete an internship with an insurance claims division. This internship provides students firsthand experience in claims investigation and provides employers with the opportunity to evaluate your knowledge and performance. Experts in the field of insurance state that this minor is in high demand and students completing the required credits would be invaluable to insurance companies. This program could be offered to retired police officers as an avenue for a second career.
The following is an overview of courses associated with this minor. We encourage you to speak with a faculty representative during your on-campus visit for detailed information about your specific program interests.
For an official description of courses and degree requirements, please reference our academic catalog.
Insurance Claims Investigation Minor Core Courses
- IRM 221 Principles of Insurance and Risk Management
- IRM 322 Personal Insurance
- IRM 323 Commercial Insurance
- IRM 340 Insurance Claims Principles and Practices
- IRM 330 Ethics and Presentations
- CJ 280 Criminal Law & Jurisprudence
- CJ 360 Criminal Investigations
- CJ 430 Crime Scene Investigations
- IDS 390 Internship
Complete one of the following courses
- CJ 110 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJ 111 Corrections, Punishment & Crime