Olivet College
Menu Menu

Michigan Transfer Agreement

Does Olivet College accept the MTA/MACRAO stamp? Is it required?
Yes, we accept the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)/MACRAO! Students with a MACRAO agreement satisfied and no degree will be considered as having completed the equivalent of our general education requirements for the Liberal Arts Core. Please check with your current college to view your MTA/MACRAO standing.

What is the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)?
The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) was designed to facilitate the transfer of general education requirements from one institution to another. Students may complete the Michigan Transfer Agreement as part of an associate degree or as a stand-alone package at a Michigan community college.

What are the minimum requirements to receive the MTA?
To fulfill the Michigan Transfer Agreement, students must successfully complete at least 30 credits of courses in six defined areas with at least a grade of 2.0 in each course. These credits are certified by the sending institution and a notation is placed on the sending institution’s transcript for the receiving college. For more information regarding your MTA status, please contact your current institution.