Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) is the representative voice for the student body. It promotes the welfare, protects the rights and represents the opinions of Olivet students. Furthermore, SGA seeks to establish relationships between students, staff, faculty and administrators.
Governments, by all accounts, are measured by the impact they make in their respective communities. Olivet College’s Student Government Association (SGA) is no different.
Since the launch of the college’s vision for 2020 and Beyond, this tenacious group of student leaders has taken the initiative to play a more prominent role in enhancing the vibrancy of campus life. Serving as the collective voice of the student body, they’ve worked to accomplish much in just a few short years.
Their most ambitious achievement: they recently elected to have every student pay a small, one-time annual fee in order to fund grants that support student interests. SGA has awarded grants to support initiatives such as:
- A student-led Leadership Conference, open to colleges and universities across mid-Michigan
- Retrofit water stations to improve water quality in campus buildings
- The Ollies, an awards celebration hosted by the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee that honors the top athletic teams and performances from the academic year
- Guest speakers for seminar
- A Super Bowl party hosted by the resident advisors
- Supplies for the college’s new clubs and organizations
- Support for the Boxing Team, Earth Bound, Sigma Zeta, Mu Omega Pi, Elite and other clubs and and societies
- And much more
SGA’s goal is to make every student’s experience more successful and enjoyable on campus. To learn more or to get involved, contact the Office of Student Engagement at 269.749.7631.