Olivet College is often described as a small campus with a big heart. The campus community serves as a support network for all students on their educational journey. Here are just 10 things that show why attending Olivet College is special:
1. The student to faculty ratio is 16:1, which means small class sizes. This allows for more individualized attention. You’ll never find yourself in a lecture hall full of strangers listening to a professor you barely know. Rather, your professors will get to know you: your name, major, learning style and more. You’ll be able to make friends with fellow students from all backgrounds. Even campus events like Homecoming provide excellent chances to network with alumni.
2. Internships and career development opportunities prepare you for a successful career in your field of choice. Olivet offers internship support through the Student Success Center, academic advising and seminar courses that give you a competitive advantage in the job market post-graduation.
3. With a large variety of MIAA Division III athletics, students can continue playing the sport they love throughout college. Plus, Talent and Participatory Programs give students the chance to earn a scholarship for their membership on the bowling team, Difference Maker Program. Keyes-Barber-Benedict Scholars, Gospel Choir, Marching Comets, cheer/STUNT or dance teams, visual arts, clay target program and more.
4. There are an abundance of service learning opportunities. A Service Day is held each semester, allowing students to give back to the community. There are also frequent service trips that provide students the opportunity to travel and do good to the world.
5. Olivet offers travel learning courses that allow you to learn about other cultures and ideas. With a small student body, everyone has a chance to attend a trip around the state, country or world. What better time to explore the world?
6. The OC Health and Wellness Center, conveniently located in Mott Academic Center, offers counseling services, health services and wellness services, like a mind spa and a 24/7 support line. In addition, the BeWell@OlivetCollege program offers educational content, self-help tools, and resource links available at just the click of a button.
7. The main dining cafeteria, the Kirk Center, known as the KC, has tons of options from healthy portions to comfort foods. There are no crazy lines and the friendly staff will accommodate any dietary restriction. Plus, students can grab snacks, meals and specialty beverages from the Starbucks in Mott Academic Center.
8. Graduation in four years is guaranteed, or the fifth year is tuition-free when an agreed-upon academic plan is followed. This guarantee comes as part of the Olivet College ADVANTAGE, demonstrating the College’s commitment to student success. Read more here.
9. You’ll see that you matter. The faculty and staff at Olivet understand that a one-size fits all approach doesn’t work, and they’ll listen if you ever need something different or extra. They’re willing to work with you to customize your education to include classes, concentrations, internships, new clubs and more if what you’re looking for doesn’t quite exist.
10. Most importantly, you’re never alone at Olivet. On day one, when you step into the Dole Hall Welcome Center for the first time, the Admission Team will greet you with a smile, assist you in navigating the world of financial aid, and do what it takes to make your OC experience the best college experience you can imagine. As a student, you might even get to know your professors on a first-name basis as they aid you with class projects and academic advising. Above and beyond that, President Corey is sure to say hello as he passes you in the KC, Judy Fales will help you find any book in the library, Student Services will straighten out a full semester schedule in no time, the ITS staff will fix (almost) any problem with your laptop and Campus Safety will always be watching out for you.
It’s hard to stop at just 10 things that make Olivet special. Schedule a visit or apply now to learn more about the great things Olivet has to offer. Contact the Office of Admission at 269-749-7635 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.