Olivet College
MenuMenu

Ryan Bowling ’06, D.C., pictured right, has been ranked as one of the 10 Best Chiropractors for Client Satisfaction in Arizona by the American Institute of Chiropractors (AIOC) in 2016. It’s sure to be a memorable year for the Bowlingsas Ryan’s wife, Anne, was also recognized with the honor, and the couple recently welcomed a daughter, Ava Bella, into the world.

Practitioners are nominated by clients and peers for recognition from the AIOC. The institute then researches and evaluates the performance of each nominee. The AIOC said they look for individuals who demonstrate exceptional performance, but the most valuable standards to be graded on are service and support to customers.

Bowling, originally from Tekonsha, said he loves being a chiropractor because it gives him the opportunity to help people through an alternative form of medicine that provides significant results. He became interested in chiropractic studies when he was 16-years-old, after suffering from migraines. After receiving treatment from a chiropractor, Bowling’s migraines significantly decreased.

“During my time at OC, I played four years of football which I enjoyed immensely. But more importantly than that, it is at Olivet where I gained a love and true enjoyment for learning,” Bowling said. “I majored in pre-medical human biology with a minor in organic chemistry. I always enjoyed the sciences, but until then had always viewed school as an obligation to get a good job. While at Olivet my interests were fostered. I was challenged by my professors. In particular, Dr. Maria Davis, John Wilterding and Leah Knapp (members of the science faculty) mentored me and helped me shape a clear set of goals for myself, along with developing a plan to obtain those goals. I am forever indebted to their tutelage.”

Bowling continued his education at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Port Orange, Fla. There, he graduated third in his class and also met his wife. They settled together in Phoenix, Ariz., where they are happy to be practicing together and raising their family.

Interested in learning more about Olivet College’s pre-med majors?

Menu
X