Join the Olivet College visual arts program for a special Open Studio Day on Friday, April 6 from 2 to 6 p.m. in the Riethmiller Blackman Art Building. Any high school student interested in becoming a Comet is welcome to attend.
Open Studio Day will highlight the following:
• Student Work: Enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at studio-classrooms and work in progress, including drawing, design, painting, printmaking, sculpture and ceramics. Current students and faculty will share more about what Olivet’s program has to offer and the career opportunities available in the field of the visual arts.
• Collections: Get a rare look at the Olivet College special collection that includes historic prints, paintings and illuminated manuscript pages, some dating back to the 12th century.
• Riethmiller Blackman Art Building: Explore the beautiful art building, which is one of the newest in the state. Be sure to check out the Kresge Foundation Art Gallery and spend some time viewing the exhibition on display featuring work by graduating seniors.
• Scholarship Opportunities: Learn about talent-based visual arts scholarship opportunities up to $3,000 per year for incoming students.
• Financial Aid/Admissions Office: Meet with admissions representatives to learn about financial aid and scholarship opportunities, as well as the many academic and co-curricular activities Olivet College has to offer.
• Summer Visual Arts Programs: Register for our free, one-day art camps taking place in June. These events are open to high school juniors and seniors – and even parents.
• Campus Tours: Tour the beautiful and historic Olivet College campus.
RSVP for Open Studio Day or contact Don VanAuken, adjunct instructor of art, at email@example.com or 269.832.8596 for more information. Check out OC’s visual arts program. The Office of Admissions can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.456.7189, and is always available to assist students through their college selection process.