Olivet College
MenuMenu

It’s been a year in the making, but the time has finally arrived for Haley and Clyde to take the field in support of all Comets! Learn more about these awesome mascots, and plan your visit to campus Saturday, Sept. 8 to watch them take the field for the first time.

HALEY

Favorite Song: The Olivet College Hymn

Favorite Hangout: Cutler Athletic Complex, cheering on Comets during practice, weight training and games

Favorite Color: White

Favorite Food: A custom wrap, with extra veggies

Favorite Treat: Soft serve ice cream in the KC

Favorite Hobbies: Spreading school spirit! Spending time with OC’s animals, hammocking in the Square, intramural dodgeball and visiting art exhibits in the Kresge Foundation Art Gallery

Where are you from?

Clyde and I have always been best friends, so when I heard he was coming to Olivet College, I had to check it out for myself too! I felt welcomed right away thanks to OC’s history of inclusion and diversity, including admitting women and people of color on a coequal basis with white men since its founding in 1844.

How have you been preparing for your role as Olivet College’s mascot?

I’ve been practicing my high-fives and studying up on all of the different athletic teams OC offers! I’m ready to block a goal, score a free throw and even execute a killer spike.

What are your roles and responsibilities as Olivet College’s mascot?

School spirit will always be my number one priority, whether that means cheering from the sidelines, taking pictures with fans or celebrating a victory with my teams. You can also count on me to welcome new Comets on campus, lend a hand on Service Day and much more.

What is your favorite part about being a mascot?

Just like Clyde, I love supporting our teams at athletic events and connecting with fellow Comets.

Will you be making Olivet College your home?

Absolutely! Clyde and I are a package deal, and I can’t wait to learn and grow with all of you.

CLYDE

Favorite Song: The Olivet College Fight Song

Favorite Hangout: The OC Admissions Office welcoming new students

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Food: Fresh grilled chicken, always seeking a protein punch before the next big game

Favorite Treat: Anything at the new Starbucks Coffee

Favorite Hobbies: Cheering on the Comets! Squirrel watching, attending service trips, guest starring on social media and watching Gospel Choir concerts

Where are you from?

I’ve always had my eye on Olivet College, and President Corey recruited me right out of the sky to serve as OC’s mascot. He saw me blazing through the stars and knew I would be the perfect Comet to represent Olivet – I’m strong, brave, fast and much more!

Hitting the gym, of course! This summer, I’ve been working with OC’s athletic trainers, especially head strength coach Caleb Grummet. He’s helped me get in the best shape of my life, and I know that’ll come in handy as I’m cheering on the Comets.

I’ll be attending many of OC’s athletic events to support the Comets and spread school spirit. That includes greeting fans, performing with the cheer team, encouraging the athletic teams and much more. I’ll also be attending many special events throughout the year, like Move-In Day, and you might even see me around campus or attending classes.

I enjoy cheering on the Comets, but most importantly, that allows me to meet many of the awesome students, staff, faculty and others here at OC.

Yes, of course! I am here to stay, Olivet College is my home and I’ll be cheering on the Comets for years to come.

Menu
X