Good afternoon Students and Families,
First of all, I want to congratulate you on your completion of the spring semester. We celebrate you and your success. The past few months have not been easy for you, but you stayed determined and made it through final exams – the semester’s last major hurdle – and you are still standing strong. Be proud of this accomplishment.
All of us at Olivet College understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought on many unexpected and difficult challenges for our students and their families. To assist you with some of the additional financial challenges that you may be facing at this time, Olivet College is pleased to provide an emergency grant program for eligible students funded by the Federal CARES Act, the Olivet College CARES Grant Program.
According to U.S. Department of Education guidelines, CARES grants must be made directly to eligible students and are intended to be used for such expenses as course materials, technology, food, housing, health care, childcare and other needs associated with the disruption of on-campus operations.
- All students enrolled in Spring 2020 and who are eligible for federal financial aid may apply.
- The amount of the Olivet College CARES Grant will vary for each student and will be determined based on student need.
- Student need will be determined using the information you previously provided to Olivet College on your FAFSA and additional information you provide on the required Olivet College CARES Grant Form.
Olivet College CARES GRANT Form – Complete By May 6
- To be eligible, complete the required Olivet College CARES Grant Form at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OC_CARES_Grant_Form. The form can also be found at my.olivetcollege.edu.
- Students who complete and submit this online form at or before 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 6, 2020, will receive the greatest consideration for maximum possible Olivet College CARES Grant funding.
- The form should take less than 5 minutes to complete.
You will be notified of your eligibility for an Olivet College CARES Grant, your grant award amount and instructions about how you will receive the grant via a message sent to your Olivet College email account no later than May 15, 2020.
You do not have to repay the grant. However, please note that the federal government has announced that these grants are currently considered taxable income, but this may change in the future.
Our students remain first in our hearts and on our minds at this time. Know that we are here for you. Your grit and determination helped you make it through the spring semester. I am confident that you will continue to make it through each day and week ahead because you are resilient and because you are a true Olivetian. Stay safe and stay well.
Steven M. Corey, Ph.D.