Commencement, May 21, 2022, 1 p.m.
- Saturday, May 21
- 1 p.m.
- Cutler Event Center
- Line-up for graduates begins 12 p.m.
- Final instructions for marching, pictures, and the program will be given.
- Graduates will receive their diplomas and hoods at this event.
- A professional photographer will take pictures of graduates, which may be ordered at a later date.
- There is not a limit of how many guests may attend the ceremony.
Traditionally, the Baccalaureate ceremony is designed by members of the senior class to be a blessing on our graduates.
- Friday, May 20
- 4:30 p.m.
- Olivet Congregational Church
- Line-up starts at 4 p.m. in the lower level of the Mott Academic Center.
Graduates and their families are invited to mingle with their families and employees immediately following Baccalaureate.
- Friday, May 20
- 5:30 p.m.
- Kirk Center
- Business casual attire
Cap and Gown
You can order your cap and gown through The College Store. The purchase price for a cap, gown and tassel is $26.00 plus tax, which is due when your order is placed.
- If you choose to have your cap and gown shipped to campus at no cost, the deadline for ordering is April 10.
- If you choose to have your cap and gown shipped elsewhere, shipping fees will be charged.
- The deadline for having caps and gowns shipped to another address is April 29.
The College Store - Special Hours
- May 20
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- May 21
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Parking is available in numerous lots adjacent to the Cutler Athletic Complex. Parking will be marked on Commencement day. Olivet College does not charge for parking at this event.
Handicapped Accessibility or Special Needs
The Cutler Event Center is a handicapped accessible facility. Limited handicapped accessible parking is available. A State of Michigan disability parking placard or license plate is required for access to this area.
Special seating in a VIP section is available for guests in wheelchairs, those with limited mobility, or those with impaired hearing. Due to space restrictions, each guest in the VIP section is allowed to be accompanied by only one additional guest. For those with hearing impairments, a sign language interpreter will be located on the commencement platform in full view of the VIP section. Please contact Jennifer Joppie, Administrative Assistant to the Provost, by calling (269) 749-7524 or by email to arrange special seating.
If you have further questions regarding Commencement, please contact Jennifer Joppie, Administrative Assistant to the Provost, by calling 269-749-7524 or by email.