Founded in 1844
In 1844, Olivet College became the first college in Michigan to admit women and persons of color on a co‐equal basis with white men.
First graduating class in 1863 consisted of three women: Sophia Keyes, Mary Barber and Sara Benedict.
Hiram Archer, who attended the college from 1889‐1905 and played varsity baseball, was one of the first African‐American intercollegiate athletes in the nation.
30 Miles South of Lansing, Michigan
School Colors: Red and white
Mascots: Clyde and Haley
A founding member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA)
100% of students receive aid
26% Underrepresented Minorities
93% Michigan Residents
71% Students Live on Campus
13:1 Student to Faculty Ratio
15 Average Class Size
100% of students participate in service learning
Top 6 Majors
- Business Administration
- Exercise Science
- Criminal Justice
- Sports & Recreation Management
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Top 10 Gold-Level Military Friendly® School (Viqtory Media, 2021)
- Gold-level Veteran-Friendly School (Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency, 2020)
U.S. News and World Report Best College Rankings (2022)
- #17 Top Performer on Social Mobility in the Midwest
- #45 Best Regional Colleges in the Midwest list
LendEDU’s annual Student Loan Debt by School by State (2020)
- 4th Lowest Average Student Debt
Best’s Review (2020)
- #4 Insurance and Risk Management Program Nationwide
Washington Monthly (2020)
- A “Best Bang for the Buck, Midwest
- #31 in Nation – Promoting Public Service
National Survey of Student Engagement (2020)
- Discussions with Diverse Others
- Student-Faculty Interaction
- Quality of Interactions
Ranked significantly higher than other Great Lake private colleges.
- Olivet College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL, 60604.
- The Olivet College RN-BSN program is accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing (CCNE), 655 K. Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001.
- United Church of Christ
- National Association of Congregational Christian Churches