Hall of Fame Nomination
The Michigan Insurance Hall of Fame was established in 1994 to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to the insurance and risk management industry. The Nominees for this prestigious award should be recognizable within the insurance and risk management industry as leaders or innovators who have made significant contributions to the success of the business and its ability to serve the public.
These contributions should reflect effort and accomplishments over and above the requirements of a job description.
The criteria identified below are offered as guidelines and as such are not expected to be all-inclusive. At the discretion of the election panel, nominations including important factors not described here, but deemed appropriate by the election panel, are eligible for consideration.
Nominators are strongly encouraged to submit supporting documentation that demonstrates and underscores the nominee’s qualifications. Examples include letters of support for the nomination, published newspaper/magazine articles, and other relevant materials. Hall of Fame Board members are available upon request to provide guidance for completion of applications and supporting documents.
Nominees who are deceased may be honored posthumously. The nominator will be notified regarding the results of the selection process as soon as they are finalized. The nominee is not notified of the results of the selection process unless approved for induction into the Michigan Insurance Hall of Fame.
At a minimum, please provide the following information, including a cover letter, on or before the MARCH 15 deadline:
Nominator’s Information: Name, Home Address, Work Address, Email Address, Work Telephone, Mobile Telephone
Nominee’s Information: Name, Home Address, Work Address, Email Address, Work Telephone, Mobile Telephone
Please describe the nominee’s achievements in one or more of the following areas:
- Creation or implementation of a product, service, program or communication innovation that has had an outstanding impact on the ability of the insurance business to better serve or protect the public.
- Development or implementation of a meaningful improvement in the level of knowledge or education within the insurance business which has positively impacted its ability to serve or protect the public.
- Attracted new participants to the insurance and risk management business through the efforts of professional associations, college and university programs or internships to assure industry professionalism and a steady stream of qualified employees.
- Played an important role in the development of legislative or regulatory outcomes that enhance the ability of the insurance business to serve the public.
- Provided exemplary service that has reflected positively on the insurance and risk management industry and its ability to serve and protect the public.
Submitted materials will be kept confidential and become the property of the Michigan Insurance Hall of Fame. THE DEADLINE FOR NOMINEE CONSIDERATION IS MARCH 15.
For consideration, return nomination information, all supporting documents, along with payment of the $250 submission fee to:
Michigan Insurance Hall of Fame
The Risk Management and Insurance Center at Olivet College 320 South Main Street
Olivet, Michigan 49076
At this time we can only accept a check for the nomination fee. Please make the check payable to Michigan Insurance Hall of Fame.
A selection panel of professionals from a cross-section of the insurance and risk management community will review the nominations and vote to induct up to three new members. Any candidate not inducted in the first year of consideration is automatically reconsidered in the second year. Additional supporting material would be welcomed and is strongly encouraged for the second year of consideration.
Thank you for supporting the Michigan Insurance Hall of Fame, which recognizes the outstanding contributions of insurance and risk management professionals and supports insurance scholarships and research.