Student Consumer Information
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
In compliance with the Higher Education Act, Olivet College is pleased to provide the following information and links to information to its students and prospective students.
Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
For assistance in obtaining institutional or financial aid information, please contact the office of admissions, located in the Welcome Center in Dole Hall, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.456.7189, or the office of student services, located in Room 205 of the Mott Academic Center, at email@example.com or 269.749.7645.
General Institutional Information
The following information regarding programs, facilities, faculty, services and policies is included in the current Olivet College Academic Catalog.
Page numbers in parentheses are the pages of the Academic Catalog on which the topic begins.
- Educational Programs (p. 47)
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities (p. 31)
- Faculty (p. 147)
- Instructional Facilities (p. 3)
- Privacy of Student Records−Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (p. 41)
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid (p. 24)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (p. 42)
- Student Activities—Athletics, Campus Programs and Events, Clubs and Organizations, Community and Volunteer Services, Greek Life, Student Media and Worship (p. 10)
- Transfer of Credit Policies (p. 35)
The following general institutional information and policies are as follows or as available at the links listed below:
- Accreditation of the Institution Olivet College is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL, 60604. The college is proud to provide the HLC mark of affiliation on the college website.
- Career Services – Students receive career guidance from faculty members as part of the weekly seminar course in the major. Olivet College provides career preparation assistance to all its students through its internship program.
- Computer Use and File Sharing – Olivet College provides its Electronic Communication & Technology Usage Policies beginning on page 84 of the Student Handbook, available to students on the Student Life tab of the myOlivet portal.
- Copyright Infringement – As per p. 91 of the Student Handbook, Olivet College expects its students to abide by all federal and state copyright and trademark laws. A formal policy statement outlining possible criminal or civil penalties as well as college sanctions for violation of these laws is under development as part of a revision of the college’s academic integrity policy.
- Net Price Calculator
- Price of Attendance
- Student Diversity – Information on the diversity of undergraduates and graduate students.
- Textbook Information – Olivet College provides information on textbooks required or recommended for its classes through secure login for current students. Information on textbooks is available from the bookstore manager at (269) 749-7394 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the web (click here).
Health and Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program – Olivet College requires all new students to complete an online alcohol abuse prevention program, AlcoholEdu, geared toward new college students. Information regarding this program is provided at New Student Orientation.
- Vaccination Policies – Olivet College does not require proof of immunization or vaccination of its students.
- Annual Security and Fire Report
- Title IX (Must be logged into MyOlivet Portal)
Post-Secondary Student Complaints
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing (CSCL) Bureau is responsible for responding to formal complaints against authorized public, independent non-profit and proprietary institutions of higher education providing distance education from Michigan or out-of-state institutions of higher education providing distance education in Michigan pursuant to 2015 PA 45 (Act).
Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act)
Student Financial Assistance
- Assistance Available From Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations – See this external link to the Department of Education’s “FAFSA Facts” document regarding financial aid penalties for drug law violations.
- Student Loan Information – The services and information below are available at the Student Services Office, located in Room 205 of the Mott Academic Center at Olivet College. The office can be reached at email@example.com or (269) 749-7645.
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Preferred Lender Lists
- Preferred Lender Arrangements
- Retention and Graduation Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act)
- Transfer-out Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act)
- Jobs and Graduate School Attainment of Recent Graduates
- Voter Registration – By law in years of presidential election and other years by choice, Olivet College provides voter registration opportunities to its students. In the most recent presidential election year (2016), Olivet College collaborated with the City Clerk of Olivet to provide student voter registration opportunities at several student events during the early part of the fall semester.