Cultivating Women Leaders
Our wildly successful Cultivating Women Leaders Event is an annual event designed to inspire and equip young women to embrace their inner strength and realize their potential as responsible leaders. Students network and receive professional and personal development from Michigan’s finest women business leaders, as well as Olivet College’s most successful alumnae, as they learn how to overcome the obstacles and challenges that are ever present in today’s communities and workplace.
March 22, 2019
$100 for the general public
Free to current and prospective students of Olivet College
Registration opening January 2019
Polo Reo Tate
Author of “Deep Dark Blue, A Memoir of Survival.”
- Be the Change OC student panel covering topics such as: How to successfully transition from high school senior to college freshman; how to get comfortable with being uncomfortable with diversity of any kind; and, how to get involved and engaged without overloading yourself.
- Dress for Success Learn the Do’s and Don’ts in preparing for a job interview
- OC Alumnae Panel Back by popular demand, this session is facilitated by Sheri Jones, WLNS news anchor, and will feature a diverse group of OC alumnae.
- Negotiation Skills Topics including the following will be discussed: How to negotiate equal pay for equal work; how to determine equal pay; and, how to negotiate for a promotion.
- Let’s Get Real Panel Hitting on topics such as: What moments made it all worth the fight; at what age would you go back and give yourself advice and what would it be; what made you find your voice and when did you find it; when did you discover your authentic self; how did the culture impact you and how did you impact your culture; what was your greatest challenge and how did you overcome it?