ATHENA International Women’s Leadership Program
Our leadership program is built on the acclaimed ATHENA International leadership model utilized around the world. In collaboration with ATHENA International, Olivet College provides a yearlong women’s leadership program presented to all eligible full-time student of Olivet College who identify as women.
Participants receive leadership training utilizing the ATHENA Leadership model, which ATHENA International developed through a grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. This program was developed by leadership experts and based on surveys of hundreds of ATHENA Award Recipients. It is designed to prepare college women for leadership in higher education and beyond. Grounded in research, this program is based on eight core principles that inspire women to reach their potential:
- Live Authentically: Leaders know their values and remain true to them
- Learn Constantly: Leaders seek knowledge
- Build Relationships: Leaders engage, empower and trust
- Foster Collaboration: Leaders welcome others to the work of leadership
- Advocate Fiercely: Leaders champion what they believe is right
- Act Courageously: Leaders dare
- Give Back: Leaders serve
- Celebrate: Leaders remember and rejoice
These principles are building blocks for success in today’s global society, and each model is presented and facilitated by our Women’s Leadership Institute Advisory Council members, many of whom are ATHENA Award Recipients. This program meets the needs of emerging leaders and speaks convincingly to women leaders who will head the organizations of the future.
- An OC ATHENA participant revealed she saw herself as a follower before participating, and after the program valued her opinion more.
- Another OC ATHENA participant said she felt encouraged to keep growing even during tough times.
Who is eligible? Current freshman, sophomore, junior and transfer students who identify as women.
Apply now to be considered for the 2019-20 cohort.The deadline to apply is August 23, 2019.
Please contact Traci Corey, executive director of Olivet College Women’s Leadership Institute and presidential spouse, at WLI@olivetcollege.edu.