ATHENA International Women’s Leadership Program
ATHENA International is a well-recognized successful non-profit organization that seeks to support, develop and honor women leaders through programs that are administered in partnership with host organizations. In collaboration with ATHENA International, Olivet College provides a yearlong women’s leadership program presented to all eligible young women of Olivet College.
Participants receive leadership training utilizing the ATHENA Leadership model, which ATHENA International developed through a grant from the W.K Kellogg Foundation. This program was developed by leadership experts and based on surveys of hundreds of ATHENA Award Recipients. It is designed to prepare college women for leadership in higher education and beyond. Grounded in research, this program is based on eight core principles that inspire women to reach their potential:
- Live Authentically: Leaders know their values and remain true to them.
- Learn Constantly: Leaders seek knowledge.
- Build Relationships: Leaders engage, empower and trust.
- Foster Collaboration: Leaders welcome others to the work of leadership.
- Advocate Fiercely: Leaders champion what they believe is right.
- Act Courageously: Leaders dare.
- Give Back: Leaders serve.
- Celebrate: Leaders remember and rejoice.
These principles are building blocks for success in today’s global society, and each model is presented and facilitated by our Women’s Leadership Institute Advisory Council members, many of which are prior ATHENA Award Recipients. This program meets the needs of emerging leaders and speaks convincingly to women leaders who will head the organizations of the future.
Application Deadline: 2018 application deadline to be announced
Who is eligible? Current freshman, sophomore, junior and transfer students
Please contact Traci Corey, Olivet College presidential spouse and director of Olivet College Women’s Leadership Institute, at WLI@olivetcollege.edu.