MI ACE Conference Schedule
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Opening Remarks and Keynote Address – Michelle Loyd-Paige, Ph.D., Executive Associate to the President for Diversity and Inclusion, Calvin College
10:15 – 10:30 a.m.
Article Discussion: Black Women Talk About Workplace Stress and How They Cope
By: Hall JC, Everett JE, Hamilton-Mason J.
- Kathleen Smith, MSA, Division of Student Affairs, Budget, Personnel and Space Management, Michigan State University
- Shai James-Boyd, CFRE, Assistant Director, Advancement and Alumni Relations, Henry Ford College Foundation
11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
MI-ACE Networking Luncheon
Speaker: Caroline Kim, PhD, Assistant Director, Intergroup Relations, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
1:15 – 1:30 p.m.
1:30 – 2:15 p.m.
Belongingness & Identity in the Workplace: Gloryvee Fonseca-Bolorin, MA, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, CEW+
This workshop seeks to push the conversation of DEI forward by highlighting sense of belonging (particularly for women of color) as a critical component in cultivating more inclusive work environments. We will focus on highlighting what it means for women of color to feel valued, accepted and appreciated in their workplaces and the role of identity.
Transitions and Pivots: Faculty and Administration Panel:
- M. Michele Rosemond, PhD, Executive Director, Retention and Student Success, Indiana University
- Enos Massie, PhD, Professor, Social Work, Eastern Michigan University
- Toni Stokes Jones, PhD, Professor, Learning Technology & Design & Educational Psychology, Eastern Michigan University
- Anita Hicks, EdD, Associate Director, Oakland Center, Oakland University
Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Peer Reviewers Panel:
- Monica Liggins-Abrams, MPA, Success at WSU, Western Michigan University
- Angie Williams-Chehmani, PhD, Associate Dean of Arts & Sciences, Macomb Community College
- Reva Curry, PhD, Vice-President, Instruction and Learning Services, Delta College
Attaining your Ph.D. without losing your mind and your family:
- Betty D. Dennis, Ph.D., Faculty, School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs and College of Health and Human Services, Western Michigan University
- Conference Attendees
2:15 – 2:30 p.m.
3:10 – 3:50 p.m.
Video: Lessons after threats drive a black legislator to quit
- Moderator: Rep. Vanessa Guerra, J.D, District 95
- Jacqueline El-Sayed, PhD, Vice President for Academic Affairs at Marygrove College
- Lynette Findley, PhD, Clerk of Superior Township
- Sherikia L. Hawkins, MA, City Clerk Southfield