New Student Orientation is offered as a hybrid of virtual content and on-campus engagement. This dual approach will provide you with multiple opportunities to connect with fellow members of the Class of 2026, faculty mentors, academic advisers, coaches, talent directors and other staff members across campus. Our goal is that the transition to college life is informative, engaging and FUN! Registration and checklists are all located on your application status page.
Phase 1 of your orientation consists of completing a few checklist items. These items are required to be completed prior to attending. Please log into your application status page to review your checklist items, which includes the following:
- Complete the Orientation Survey
- Register for a New Orientation date
- Schedule a virtual Financial Aid meeting
- Accept your Financial Aid Award Letter
- Submit Housing Application
- Access your MyOlivet Student Portal
Phase 2 is an on-campus experience where you will connect directly with the campus community to prepare for the fall semester. Relationship-building continues to be an important part of the Olivet College experience, so you’ll be able to meet people from all across campus, including faculty, advisers, academic mentors, Admission staff members, coaches and student-athletes, financial aid representatives, student clubs and organizations, and more. Below is what last year’s Phase 2 looked like.
- 8:45-8:55 – Check-in and Registration
- 9:00-9:05 – Welcome to Olivet College
- 9:05-9:30 – Opening Remarks
- 9:30-9:50 – OC Overview
- 9:50-9:55 – Parent/Guardian Dismissal
- 10:00-11:45 – ‘Comet Explores’ Activity
- 11:45-12:45 – Lunch
- 1:00-2:45 – Academic Advising: Creating Your Class Schedule and The OC Advantage: Afternoon Learning Sessions
- 2:50-3:15 – Get Hyped for the Fall
- 3:15-4:00 – Visit a Residence Hall and Ice Cream Social (optional)
Phase 3 of New Student Orientation will continue to connect students with the campus community leading up to move-in and the first day of classes. More information regarding Phase 3 will be available to students in the second half of the summer. If you have any questions, check out our Who to Contact sheet.
COVID-19 Protocols and Policies
The health and safety of our students is our top priority. The Olivet College community has created a comprehensive “OC Cares” document that dives deeper into our response to COVID-19 and the policies and protocols that our campus community follows. Please be sure to read the OC Cares document and stay updated with COVID-19 response. New Student Orientation follows the policies and guidelines included in the OC Cares document.