New Student Orientation is offered as a hybrid of virtual content and on-campus engagement. This dual approach will provide you with multiple opportunities to connect with fellow members of the Class of 2026, faculty mentors, academic advisers, coaches, talent directors and other staff members across campus. Our goal is that the transition to college life is informative, engaging and FUN! Registration and checklists are all located on your application status page.
Phase 1 of your orientation consists of completing a few checklist items. These items are required to be completed prior to attending. Please log into your application status page to review your checklist items, which includes the following:
- Complete the Orientation survey
- Register for a New Student Orientation date
- Schedule and attend a virtual financial aid meeting
- Submit your housing application
- Submit parking pass information
- Accept your Financial Aid Award Letter
- Change your ITS password and gain access to your OC student portal
Phase 2 is an on-campus experience where you will connect directly with the campus community to prepare for the fall semester. Relationship-building continues to be an important part of the Olivet College experience, so you’ll be able to meet people from all across campus, including faculty, advisers, academic mentors, Admission staff members, coaches and student-athletes, financial aid representatives, student clubs and organizations, and more. Below is what last year’s Phase 2 looked like.
- 8:45-8:55 – Check-in and Registration
- 9:00-9:05 – Welcome to Olivet College
- 9:05-9:30 – Opening Remarks
- 9:30-9:50 – OC Overview
- 9:50-9:55 – Parent/Guardian Dismissal
- 10:00-11:45 – ‘Comet Explores’ Activity
- 11:45-12:45 – Lunch
- 1:00-2:45 – Academic Advising and Afternoon Learning Sessions
- 2:50-3:15 – Get Hyped for the Fall
- 3:15-4:00 – Visit a Residence Hall and Ice Cream Social (optional)
After you’ve completed Phase 1 and Phase 2 of New Student Orientation, your next step is to prepare for Move-In and the first day of classes. Move-In Day is on Friday, Aug. 12 and classes begin on Monday, Aug. 15. You’ll receive more information via email regarding schedules, directions and more to get ready for the big day. In the meantime, check out the Orientation Booklet for more resources and fun information about life on campus. If you have questions, contact your admission representative directly or the Office of Admission at 800-456-7189 or email@example.com.
COVID-19 Protocols and Policies
The health and safety of our students is our top priority. Information regarding pandemic guidelines can be found in the OC Cares: COVID-19 Response Plan and updates are emailed to students as needed.