Criteria and Procedures
The Olivet College Alumni Association annually seeks nominations for the Olivet College Distinguished Alumni Award, Young Alumni Award and 1844 Award. The selection will be made from candidates who have distinguished themselves by obtaining the highest level of professional accomplishments and who possess the highest standards of integrity and character, which exemplify our academic vision of Education for Individual and Social Responsibility.
*NOTE: No nominee will be considered unless the entire form is complete.
Recipient Selection Criteria
- Must be an alumna/alumnus of Olivet College, unless being nominated for the 1844 Award.
- Must have attained a high level of professional accomplishments. (Submit a resume if available.)
- Must have demonstrated continuing outstanding voluntary service on a local, state, national or international level. (Include clubs, service organizations, community involvement.)
- Special honors or recognition (in professional or volunteer service.)
- Must have personal integrity and character.
- Individuals and constituent associations may make recommendations for nominees.
- All nominations must be submitted via the application form supplied by the Olivet College Alumni Association, or through the online form below. Supporting documents may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Award candidates are selected five months prior to presentation of awards.
- Nomination forms may be submitted any time, but must be in the Alumni Office by May 1 to be considered for awards presented during the fall awards ceremony at homecoming.
- The president of the Olivet College Alumni Association shall forward all applications to the Awards Committee of the Olivet College Alumni Council.
- The Awards Committee will screen the nominees and recommend finalists to the Olivet College Alumni Council.
- The Olivet College Alumni Council will select the recipient(s) to recommend to the president of the college.
Conferring of Award
- The president of Olivet College and /or chairperson of the Board of Trustees shall confer the awards upon the recipients at Homecoming or another appropriate event.
- The person making the nomination shall be invited to attend the presentation.
For questions, or to submit supporting documents with your nomination in addition to this online form, email email@example.com.