Criteria and Procedures
Alumni Association Awards
Alumni Association Award nominations may be submitted in paper form to Samantha Pearl ’00, Director of Alumni Engagement by mail at 320 S. Main Street, Olivet MI 49076 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Electronic nomination forms are available by selecting the Alumni Association Awards nominations button below.
The purpose of the Alumni Association awards program is to honor alumni and friends of Olivet College who have made significant contributions to their field and/or the college and to enhance the visibility and awareness of alumni of the college. The descriptions below are a summary of the award categories.
Note: Awards may be made annually to one or more individuals, and the Alumni Council reserves the right NOT to make an award in any given year.
Listed below are the criteria which apply to each of the Alumni Association Awards. Please review carefully and speak to these areas when submitting your nomination.
- Demonstrable exemplary service to their community
- Professional and/or community recognition for their contributions
- Contributions typify and personify the mission of the College
- Contributions have had a positive effect on or made a contribution to their profession or discipline
- Has provided exceptional services to the College through activities with the Alumni Association, volunteer work, financial support or College employment
- Personal accomplishments whereby the prestige of the College is enhanced.
- Distinguished service or achievement in any field of human endeavor including family, community, business and industry, science or the professions.
- Unusual or singular contributions to the development of cultural and spiritual life in society.
- Third-party references (two) and/or empirical evidence attest to the results of the individual’s contributions
Athletic Hall of Fame
Athletic Hall of Fame nominations may be submitted in paper form to Geoff Henson, Sports Information Director, by mail at 320 S. Main Street, Olivet MI 49076 or by e-mail at GHenson@Olivetcollege.edu. Electronic nomination forms are available by selecting the Athletic Hall of Fame nominations button below.
Established in 1972, the Olivet College Athletic Hall of Fame was founded to honor past athletes, faculty, staff and friends who, through their actions, have brought distinction through athletics to themselves and to Olivet College. The descriptions below are a summary of the award categories.
Note: Awards may be made annually to one or more individuals, and the selection committee reserves the right NOT to make an award in any given year.
Make a Nomination
For questions, or to submit supporting documents with your nomination in addition to this online form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.