Fair at the Festival Grounds
We’re pleased to announce the first-ever Homecoming Fair at the Festival Grounds. Visit the Festival Grounds, on the site of the Cutler Athletic Complex, for aone-of-a-kind Homecoming experience your whole family can enjoy.
It’s an awe-inspiring display of Comet pride, bringing together many of your Homecoming favorites with lots of new offerings in ONE location. It’s 132,000 square feet of rides, games, food, drinks, dessert, entertainment, experiences, events, music and services. Spend an hour; spend a day. Find your classmates, long-lost friends, Greek brothers and sisters, former professors and other Olivet family favorites. There’s never a charge to enter the Festival Grounds, so come on in and make the experience what you want it to be!
What will you find at the Festival Grounds?
- Carnival rides and games
- Food trucks and your favorite fair food
- OC Spirit Shop
- The Welcome Center
- The Comet Pub and the Brengman Brothers Wine Bar
- Clyde and Haley
- Photo booth
- The Homecoming Event Tent, featuring the brand-new Friday Night Bonfire Party, the Red and White Tailgate and the Saturday Night Alumni Block Party, as well as other small events and gatherings.
- Comfort and convenience amenities like ATMs, ticket sales, portable restroom facilities, first aid, the information desk, registration and packet pickup, warm drinks and the Family Resource Tent.
- Hundreds and hundreds of fellow classmates, alumni and friends!
Ticketing at the Festival Grounds
The “currency” at the Festival Grounds is tickets. Tickets are good for all food and entertainment offerings inside the Festival Grounds, including food, drinks, games, rides, inflatables and event cover charges. All food and entertainment offerings will have prices listed in the number of tickets, and there’s only one kind of ticket — so no worries about whether to buy ride tickets, game tickets or food/drink tickets.
Tickets can be purchased during the pre-sale period at a significant discount. Tickets are $1.25 each during Homecoming weekend. There will be multiple ticket booths which take cash or credit, in case you need more tickets while on site.
Rides, games and inflatables will range from two to four tickets. Food items will range from two to 15 tickets, depending on whether you’re buying a bag of chips or a full on-site craftsman cookout. Drinks will range from two to eight tickets, depending on whether you’re enjoying soda, draft beer, Brengman Brothers fine wine or something in between. All events in the Event Tent have a two-ticket cover charge.
Based on your feedback, we’ve enhanced our Welcome Center offerings! The Welcome Center is at the Festival Grounds, one thousand square feet of dry, warm space to pick up your tickets, packet and T-shirt, check in under your class year, register for any last-minute events, purchase Festival Grounds tickets, visit the information desk or Comet Spirit Shop, and spin the prize wheel. You can also grab a fellow alum and visit the photo booth!
The Welcome Center Tent will be open from 3 – 11 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. on Saturday. Ten-minute parking available for quick pick-up!
Event Tent at Festival Grounds
The Event Tent at the Festival Grounds is 3,600 square feet of warm, dry gathering space with unique offerings, like a private bar, music, entertainment and seating. Three main events will be hosted at the Event Tent:
- Friday Night Bonfire Party 8-11 p.m.: bonfire, s’mores bar, music, dancing
- Saturday Red and White Tailgate 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.: special cookout and lawn games
- Saturday Night Alumni Block Party 5-11 p.m.: DJ/band, dancing, etc.
Other smaller events, entertainment and gatherings will be held around the three main events. Want to reserve the Event Tent for your alumni group? Email email@example.com for more information.
The Event Tent at the Festival Grounds is your common gathering space for the weekend. During the three events listed above, there’s a two-ticket cover charge to enter; the rest of the time, there’s no charge. The Event Tent will be open from 3 – 11 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. on Saturday.
Amenities and Conveniences
- Family Resource Tent with changing table, potable water for mixing formula, and a nursing area
- First aid station
- Information desk
- Ticket sales
- On-campus shuttles to parking areas
- Lyft Station for off-campus transportation to Olivet, Bellevue, Marshall and Charlotte addresses. *Lyft smart phone app required to use this service.