Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Mid-semester week is coming to a close and COVID-19 cases continue to remain low on our campus, which are surely reasons to celebrate. Thank you for your hard work and dedication — both in the classroom and in your social responsibility to the health and wellness of our community.
This week’s OC CARES communication includes the following reminders:
1. Be Respectful to all OC Community Members
2. Free On-Campus COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Clinic, March 3
3. Free COVID-19 Resources
Be Respectful to all OC Community Members
Please be kind and respectful and honor everyone’s choices about masking at all times. Anyone who would prefer to wear a mask in any setting is welcome to do so. Remember, we all want the pandemic to end, and working together is the best way to continue moving in a positive direction.
Free On-Campus COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Clinic, March 3
When: Thursday, March 3
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Upton Gym
Who: Any student, faculty or staff member
An appointment is not required, however, scheduling in advance will save you time and allow for the Barry Eaton District Health Department to approximate the number of vaccinations needed for the day. Click here to find the Olivet College vaccine clinic date and vaccination schedule. If scheduling your appointment in advance you will be asked which vaccine you prefer and if this is your first or second shot or a booster.
Pfizer and Moderna Shots Will Be Offered
- The Pfizer and Moderna vaccinations are administered in two parts and require a follow-up shot if the shot you receive on March 3 will be your first.
- Click here to learn about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccinations.
It is also important that you stay up to date on your protection against the virus by getting a booster shot when eligible.
- Pfizer: At least 5 months after your second shot.
- Moderna: At least 5 months after your second shot.
- Johnson & Johnson: At least 2 months after your shot. Good news: You are eligible to receive the Pfizer or Moderna booster shot.
- If you are receiving a booster shot, be sure to bring your COVID-19 vaccination card.
Free COVID-19 Resources
“Respect comes in two unchangeable steps: giving it and receiving it.” — Edmond Mbiaka, author