We want you to relax and enjoy your holiday break. However, it’s important that you keep connected to your OC family and continue to read the OC CARES emails. There will be important updates pertaining to spring semester as well as opportunities to attend two virtual OC Town Halls being planned specially for students.
This week’s communication addresses the following topics:
- Student Town Hall
- Ask a Question
- Who to Contact During the Holiday Break
- Holiday Break Reminders
- Quote of the Week
Student Town Hall, Tentatively Scheduled for Dec. 14 and Jan. 11
Have a Question You’d Like Answered During a Town Hall?
We want the student Town Hall to be informative and helpful to you. What question(s) do you have about your return to campus in January, student activities or athletics, classes, student resources? What do you need clarified about the OC CARES Student Pledge, OC CARES Pandemic Response Plan, or anything related to COVID-19 in general? Submit your question in advance of the Town Hall and we will do our best to answer it for you. Students will also have the opportunity to ask questions during the Town Hall.
Olivet College is Here for You
Olivet College remains open for business even though students are on break. The following departments can be reached by phone or email if you have any questions or concerns during the winter break. Note that, with the exception of Campus Safety, the College will be closed Dec. 22 through Jan. 3.
Campus Safety (24/7)
Mental Health and Wellness Center
Office of Student Engagement
Office of Student Services
(Financial Aid, Registration)
The Success Center (Academic Support and Accommodations)
If you have academic-related questions, please contact your academic advisor for assistance. Advisor contact information can be found on my.olivetcollege.edu under the Student Tab – Registration and Academic Advising. If your advisor is not listed, please call or email the Office of Student Services.
The holiday break is typically a time to reconnect with family and friends. This holiday season, please consider your activities and how your actions can impact the health and safety of your friends and family at home, as well as your OC family when you return to campus in January. Keep the following safety measures in mind when visiting with family and friends:
- Continue to complete your daily health check using the OC CARES ClearPass, even over the holiday break. This is an easy and important way for you to monitor your health before returning to campus in January.
- Wear a mask in public settings, including public and mass transportation, at events and gatherings, and anywhere you will be around people outside of your household.
- Avoid close contact by staying at least six feet apart (about two arm lengths) from anyone who is not from your household.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid touching your face mask, eyes, nose and mouth.
Quote of the Week
“There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh