Nearly a year ago, we shared in a communication that the definition of perseverance is to persist in anything undertaken; to maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragements; to continue steadfastly. You have persevered!
Continue to stay the course, pace yourself and breath. Inhale the happiness and exhale the worry.
This week’s communication is a reminder of three resources available to students:
1. Free COVID-19 Testing Available on Campus
2. OC Health and Wellness Center
3. On-Demand Telehealth
Free COVID-19 Testing Available on Campus for Students and Staff
A reminder to all students, faculty and staff: free COVID-19 testing is now available on campus. If you fail the ClearPass daily screening, return to your home or residence hall. A campus representative will contact you to schedule a free COVID-19 test on campus as soon as possible. For more details, please read the “Monitor and Report Symptoms” section (pages 4-6) of the OC CARES Pandemic Response Plan.
Olivet College Health and Wellness Center
The Olivet College Health and Wellness Center offers services and resources to help you thrive!
- Wellness Services: The Mind Spa is a private, safe space for relaxation and wellness at no charge to students, faculty and staff and is located within the Health and Wellness Center. The Spa provides many tools and resources to practice mindfulness, manage stress and recharge. In addition, the BeWell@OlivetCollege program offers educational content, self-help tools and resource links.
- Counseling Services: Free, 30-minute initial consultations for counseling services are offered to all students by an on-campus licensed professional counselor to discuss concerns, develop a plan and determine the best service to address any continued needs.
- Health Services: As described below, Olivet College and Sparrow Health System have partnered to provide virtual health services and access to a COVID-19 symptom checker.
Click here for more information and important contact information about OC’s counseling, health and wellness services or download the Health and Wellness Center information flyers.Students are also encouraged to email Dr. Erica Pearson, Ph.D., LPC, NCC, director of counseling, health and wellness, or call 269-749-6678 for more information or stop by the Health and Wellness Center, Mott Academic Center, room 212A.
Sparrow Health Provides On-Demand Telehealth
Through the MySparrow portal, you can access an on-demand video visit with an urgent care provider between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week. The portal also provides a free COVID Symptom Checker that is available anytime.
Visit Sparrow.org/OlivetCollege to learn more about the portal and create an account. Video visits are not free. Prior to a video visit, confirm with your insurance provider that Sparrow is in your network or call 517-364-7999 to speak to a Sparrow billing representative. Click here to learn more.
“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” — Anne Bradstreet