Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Thank you for all you are doing to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on the Olivet College campus. However, we are not out of the woods. The pandemic remains a health concern for all of us.
Many colleges across the nation are facing COVID-19 outbreaks, resulting in classes being paused or moved to remote learning or, in many instances, students having to return home. It’s when college communities let their guard down that the virus spreads.
Let’s not be like other college campuses. Show the world how Comets are acting responsibly during this challenging time.
Face Masks or Coverings are Required
- All students, faculty and staff in an Olivet College campus space must wear face coverings at all times when they are, or may be, in the presence of other individuals. Face coverings are not required when alone in a private room (office, assigned residence hall room) or in a private vehicle.
- Students do not need to wear masks when they are in their assigned rooms, but they must wear masks in all other rooms and common spaces, including hallways and lounges or when visiting the assigned room of another student.
- When outdoors, masks are expected to be worn whenever six-feet physical distancing cannot or is not maintained (this includes when walking with friends).
- Students, faculty and staff who do not abide by this policy may face disciplinary action.
Face Masks or Coverings Must Be Worn in Approved Manner
- Cover the nose and mouth.
- Extend to the bottom of the chin.
- Fit snugly against cheeks.
- Students, faculty or staff who refuse to wear their face mask or covering in an approved manner may face disciplinary action.
Non-College Sanctioned Gatherings of Six or More Prohibited
- Non-campus sanctioned events (for groups of 6 or larger) are prohibited in all campus buildings, including the dining hall, residence halls, apartments and Greek housing.
- Face masks or face coverings are required for any gathering of two or more, unless it is with a roommate in your shared living quarters.
- Students who do not abide by this policy may face disciplinary action.
Daily Health Screening and Temperature Check Required
- All students, faculty and staff when on campus at any time must complete a health and temperature screening using the OC CARES app that includes the following:
- Monitoring of COVID-19, including fever of 100.4 or higher, new or worsening dry cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell.
- Notifying the College if you have been in contact with someone suspected of a COVID-19 infection or someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Notifying the College if your health status changes during the day after passing a daily health check.
- Students must show their daily “clear pass” (via mobile app or email) to any faculty or staff member who asks to see that the daily screening has been completed.
- Students, faculty or staff who refuse to complete the daily health and temperature check screening when they will be on campus may face disciplinary action.
It’s because of shared responsibility that COVID-19 has been kept at bay on our campus. We are family — let’s continue to take care of one another.