Dear Students and Parents,
It is another busy week at Olivet College as we prepare to welcome you to campus in August. Each of us – students, faculty, staff and visitors – have a shared responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy environment at OC this fall. Together, with patience, understanding, kindness, respect and flexibility, we will be home for the fall semester.
This week’s communication covers the following topics:
- Move-In Process – Check Your OC Email
- Face Mask Requirements
- Daily Health Screen and Temperature Check
- Workspaces, Offices and Classrooms
- Academic Course Delivery
For detailed information on these topics and other OC CARES policies and your return to campus, visit www.olivetcollege.edu/occares.
Move-In Process – Check Your OC Email
Be sure to check your OC email for a message from Jake Schuler, assistant dean of student engagement, sent this afternoon for Move-In instructions.
If you did not receive an email from Jake Schuler, please take a few minutes to check your financial aid status and balance at the myOlivet portal. All financial aid and payment paperwork must be completed prior to you scheduling your Move-In day. Once your paperwork is in order, Student Services will share the signup link with you. If you have questions, contact Student Services at 269-749-7645 for assistance.
Face Masks Required
All students and employees who reside on campus or work on campus are required to wear a mask or face covering appropriately and to practice social distancing each day.
- Face masks are required when in the presence of others and in settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., common workspaces, meeting rooms and classrooms).
- Face masks are required moving through shared spaces and common areas in a building and outdoors when six-feet physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Face masks are not required if a student is in their personal living space or an employee is in a private office space.
- Each Olivet College student, staff, and faculty member will be provided with two reusable cloth masks upon arrival to campus. Additional masks will be available for purchase at the campus store.
Students, faculty and staff could be subject to discipline for refusing to comply with the Olivet College CARES face mask requirement.
Confidential Daily Health and Temperature Screening
All students and employees who reside or work on campus are required to do the following each day:
- Monitor their health for the symptoms of COVID-19, including fever of 100.4 or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell.
- Notify the College if they have been in contact with someone suspected of a COVID-19 infection or someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
The College will be launching the Clear Pass OC CARES screening app that will enable you to update your status immediately. A web-based version will also be available. The screening will be confidential. Student check-in data will be submitted to the dean of student engagement and employee check-in data will be submitted to the director of human resources. Watch for details coming soon on how to download and use the app.
Workspace, Offices and Classrooms
- The College has identified allowable occupancy of campus spaces to control population density and/or to establish maximum attendance. Work and public spaces, including classrooms, have been reconfigured to allow for at least six feet between individuals (within current state and CDC guidelines).
- Plexiglass or other types of barriers were installed in workspaces and in high-traffic areas where people must face each other or are unable to be six feet apart.
- Appropriate signage/educational materials were placed at building entrances, high-traffic areas, restrooms, cleaning stations, etc.
- Masks or face coverings are required; disposable masks and face coverings are available in classrooms and other campus spaces if needed.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances and high-traffic areas.
Academic Course Delivery This Fall
The College is offering courses through three delivery models this fall to meet the needs of students and faculty: on-campus face-to-face (in a classroom setting), online synchronous (real-time using Zoom) and on-campus hybrid (in-class and online components). Watch for more details coming soon that will explain these options, what you’ll see on your course schedule, and what it means for you.
Continue to monitor your Olivet College email and www.olivetcollege.edu/occares for new information.
Start packing. You’ll be home soon!