Thank you for all you continue to do to keep our community safe and healthy. Your commitment to shared responsibility is paying off — Olivet College has zero active cases of COVID-19 this week. Keep those masks up, continue to physically distance, wash your hands and be kind to one another!
The faculty and staff of Olivet College want you to know we are here to support you. This week’s communication includes reminders of resources available to all students to ensure your health and mental wellness and academic success.
1. Free COVID-19 Testing Available on Campus
2. Who to Contact When You Have Questions
3. Sparrow Telehealth
4. OC Health and Wellness Center
5. ClearPass Reminder
COVID-19 testing is now available on campus for students and employees who have COVID-19 symptoms. If you fail the ClearPass daily screening, return to your home or residence hall. A campus representative will contact you to schedule a free COVID-19 test on campus as soon as possible. For more details, please read the “Monitor and Report Symptoms” section (pages 4-6) of the OC CARES Pandemic Response Plan.
Who to Contact When You Have Questions
Our mission is to help you succeed. If you ever have a question about anything, please don’t be afraid or embarrassed to ask. Below is contact information for many of the offices related to student needs. Do not hesitate to stop by during regular business hours or email or call if you need assistance. If you’re not sure which office can answer your question, just ask any professor, staff member or coach – we’ll point you in the right direction. We want to help you!
Campus Safety (24/7)
Burrage Library, main floor
Office of Student Services
Roznowski Learning Commons, lower level of Burrage Library
Student Services and Housing Coordinator
Mental Health and Wellness Center
Dr. Erica Pearson, Ph.D.. LPC, NCC
Director of Counseling, Health and Wellness
Office of Student Engagement
The Success Center (Academic Support and Accommodations)
If you have academic-related questions, please contact your academic advisor for assistance. Advisor contact information can be found on my.olivetcollege.edu under the Student Tab – Registration and Academic Advising. If your advisor is not listed, please call or email the Office of Student Services.
Sparrow Health Provides On-Demand Telehealth
Through the MySparrow portal, you can access an on-demand video visit with an urgent care provider between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week. The portal also provides a free COVID Symptom Checker that is available anytime.
Visit Sparrow.org/OlivetCollege to learn more about the portal and create an account. Video visits are not free. Prior to a video visit, confirm with your insurance provider that Sparrow is in your network or call 517-364-7999 to speak to a Sparrow billing representative. Click here to learn more.
Olivet College Health and Wellness Center
- Counseling Services: Free, 30-minute initial consultations for counseling services are offered to all students by an on-campus licensed professional counselor to discuss concerns, develop a plan and determine the best service to address any continued needs.
- Health Services: As described above, Olivet College and Sparrow Health System have partnered to provide virtual health services and access to a COVID-19 symptom checker.
- Wellness Services: The Mind Spa is a private, safe space for relaxation and wellness at no charge to students, faculty and staff and is located within the Health and Wellness Center. The Spa provides many tools and resources to practice mindfulness, manage stress and recharge. In addition, the BeWell@OlivetCollege program offers educational content, self-help tools and resource links.
Download more information and important contact information about OC’s counseling, health and wellness services. Students are also encouraged to email Dr. Erica Pearson, director of counseling, health and wellness, or call 269-749-6678 for more information or stop by the Health and Wellness Center, Mott Academic Center, room 212A.
When on campus at any time, students, faculty and staff are reminded to complete a health and temperature screening using the OC CARES ClearPass app. Students must show their daily “clear pass” (via mobile app or email) to any faculty or staff member who asks to see that the daily screening has been completed.
“Always focus on the front windshield and not the rearview mirror.” — Former Secretary of State and Army General Colin Powell