Olivet College will celebrate Homecoming Thursday, Oct. 9 through Sunday, Oct. 12 with a number of events on campus including a pep rally and bonfire, 5K race, an art exhibit and concert, athletic events and much more. The public is welcome to attend.
Thursday, Oct. 9
- “Get Your Red On” Pep Rally and Bonfire; 9 to 10 p.m.; gravel lot north of Gillette Student Village.
Friday, Oct. 10
- “Putting Things Together: Art by Michael Reynolds – Canvas, Construction, Collage;” 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Riethmiller Blackman Art Building, Kresge Art Gallery.
- Tours of Campus; led by student tour guides; 2:30 to 4 p.m.; Dole Hall main entrance.
- Olivet College Awards Celebration honoring Distinguished Alumni Marilyn ’60 and Cliff ’60 Dean, and Karl Wilson ’69; 1844 Award recipient Sandra Boyer, member of the class of 1985; and Athletic Hall of Fame inductees Karla Harding ’85, Frederick Smith ’76, and the 1971-72 wrestling team. 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.; The Cutler Event Center; $30 per person. To RSVP, contact Marty Jennings at 269.749.7644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Oct. 11
- “Under the Oaks 5K Fun Run/Walk;” 7 a.m. registration, 8 a.m. race; in front of Burrage Library; $20 for adults, $10 for college students and younger.
- 125 Years of Burrage Library with greetings from President Steven M. Corey, Ph.D.; the history of the library presented by Mike Fales ’75, assistant professor, and Judy Fales, library director; and comments from Nikki Magie, archivist. 9 to 11 a.m.; Burrage Library.
- Alumni Author Meet and Greet featuring Terry Donnelly ’68, Andy Johnson ’71, Jan (Baird) Armstrong ’74 and Dan Pantaleo ’85; book sales and refreshments; 10 to 11 a.m.; Burrage Library.
- Music Collage Concert; 10 to 11:15 a.m.; Olivet Congregational Church.
- Red and White Picnic Luncheon; 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; College Square; $5 per person.; free for alumni celebrating a reunion year.
- Kirk Center Brunch Buffet; 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.; $7.90 for adults, $4.90 for children 4-12.
- Women’s Soccer vs. Rochester College; noon to 2 p.m.; soccer field.
- Football vs. Trine; 2 p.m.; Cutler Athletic Complex.
- Halftime Show featuring Homecoming Court and “50 Years of Olivet College Wrestling.”
- Men’s Soccer vs. Albion; 2:30 p.m.; soccer field.
- Greek Society Open Houses; 5 to 7 p.m.
A number of alumni events and additional activities are planned throughout the week. For more information, contact Marty Jennings, director of alumni relations, at email@example.com.