Olivet College will celebrate Homecoming Wednesday, Sept. 30 through Saturday, Oct. 3 with a number of events on campus including a student parade and bonfire, 5K race, an art exhibit and concert, athletic events and much more. The public is welcome to attend.
Highlights throughout the week are listed below.
Wednesday, Sept. 30
- Olivet College Service Day; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; multiple locations. Putting aside their busy schedules and normal routines, faculty, students and staff volunteer on campus and in the community as part of Service Day activities. For more information, contact Carrie Jacob, community service coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Oct. 1
- Celebration in the Square; 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.; banner competition, student parade and bonfire.
Friday, Oct. 2 – SPIRIT DAY
- Alumni Art Exhibit featuring Janet (Almstadt) Davison ’67 and Sid (Patton) Paradine ’69; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with 4:30 p.m. art talk and 5 p.m. reception; Riethmiller Blackman Art Building’s Kresge Art Gallery
- Campus Tours; 10 a.m. to noon; beginning in the Dole Hall Welcome Center
- Career Mentoring Event for Students; 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.; Mott Academic Center’s Barker Cawood Lounge
- Olivet College Awards Celebration honoring Distinguished Alumni: Yvonne (Goudreault) Caamal Canul ’73 and Lori (Sanders) Vedder ’83, and 2015 Athletic Hall of Fame inductees: 1997-98 Men’s Golf Team; Pat Peregoy ’80, Anthony Keim ’98 and Beth Shunkwiler ’06; 6:30 to 10 p.m.; $32 per person; The Cutler Event Center’s Hathaway Court
Saturday, Oct. 3
- Under the Oaks 5K Fun Run/Walk benefiting Olivet College’s cross country team; 9 a.m.; $20 adults, $10 current college students and children; in front of Mott Academic Center
- Roznowski Learning Commons Dedication; 9:30 to 10 a.m.; Burrage Library
- Music Collage Concert; 10 to 11:15 a.m.; Olivet Congregational Church
- Greek Society Open Houses; 10 a.m. to noon, and 5 to 7 p.m.
- Red and White Tailgate; 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; under the tent at The Cutler Event Center; lunch $12, includes two tickets for beer and wine for ages 21 and up
- Football vs. Adrian; 2 p.m.; Cutler Athletic Complex
- Halftime Show featuring Olivet College Marching Band and 2015 Homecoming Court
- Women’s Soccer vs. Kalamazoo; 2:30 p.m.; soccer field
- Homecoming Celebration at the Lamplighter OC; 5 p.m. to midnight
A number of alumni events, class reunions and additional activities are planned throughout the weekend. For more information, contact Marty Jennings, director of alumni engagement, at email@example.com.