Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
We are in the home stretch! In less than a month, fall semester will come to a close. The holiday break you’ve earned will be here before you know it. In the meantime, take a few minutes to look up from your phones, laptops and books to experience the autumn beauty that surrounds you.
Thank you for doing your part as we continue to share in the responsibility of keeping each other safe and healthy by wearing our masks in indoor public spaces.
This week’s OC CARES communication includes the following updates:
- Revisions to OC CARES Pandemic Response Plan
- COVID-19 Testing Moved to Health & Wellness Center
- Reminder: The 5 Steps to Take if You Exhibit Symptoms of COVID-19
Revisions to OC CARES Pandemic Response Plan
The OC CARES Pandemic Response Plan has been revised to be in alignment with CDC guidance. Updates to the plan are italicized below and can be found in the full document by clicking here.
Fully vaccinated and close contact
If you are fully vaccinated and have been in close contact with someone suspected of a COVID-19 infection or someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, and exhibit no symptoms you are required to complete or adhere to the following:
- If you HAVE been fully vaccinated against the disease and show no symptoms you are not required to quarantine.
- Get tested 5-7 days after exposure to the individual.
- Continue to monitor for symptoms and wear a mask in indoor settings for 14 days following your last exposure or until receiving a negative test result.
- Currently, the College requires all students, employees and visitors to mask in all indoor public spaces.
Fully vaccinated and develop COVID-19 symptoms
If you are fully vaccinated and develop COVID-19 symptoms:
- Schedule a COVID test as soon as possible.
- If you test positive you are required to isolate away from others for 10 days.
- If you receive a negative test after day 7 (test must occur on day 5 or later), contact the Department of Residence Life (students) or director of human resources (employees) to be released back to campus activities, and upon return to campus, continue to wear a mask for 14 days after receiving the negative test result.
- Students or employees who are severely ill with COVID-19 may need to remain in isolation longer than 10 days and up to 20 days after symptoms first appeared.
- Students or employees with weakened immune systems may require testing to determine when they can be around others. Those with weakened immune systems should consult their healthcare provider about being around others based on the results of testing.
COVID-19 Testing Moved to Health & Wellness Center
If you are on campus and require COVID-19 testing, you will now report to the Health & Wellness Center, conveniently located in Mott 212A. Testing is by appointment only. The residential life team will work with students and the human resources director will work with employees to arrange testing.
Reminder: The 5 Steps to Take if You Exhibit Symptoms of COVID-19
Exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19? Please remember these 5 important steps:
- Students should contact Campus Safety (269-749-7911) and employees should contact human resources to report your symptoms.
- Do not come to work, class, athletic practice or competitions, or other campus activities.
- Return to your home, residence hall or stay in your room.
- A campus representative will contact you to arrange a COVID test as soon as possible.
- Students are to remain in their room or will be moved to a designated location until testing can be arranged.
“As long as autumn lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see.” – Vincent van Gogh