MBA in Insurance Admissions Requirements
- A 3.0 or higher* (4.0 scale) overall grade point average in the applicant’s undergraduate degree.
- Have at least 2 years professional experience in the field of insurance or risk management after earning the undergraduate degree.
- Have completed the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or hold the CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter) designation (GMAT is waived for CPCU designees).
*GPA requirements can be lower with experience in the industry.
We will accept a maximum of 24 transfer credits.
Credit may be granted for CPCU courses administered by the American Institute for CPCUs, IIA courses administered by the Insurance Institute of America (AIAF, ARe, ARM, ASLI), and CLU/ChFC courses administered by the American College.
Official transcripts from other educational institutions must be mailed directly to Kelly M. Parker for review and acceptance of courses.
Do you have a CPCU designation?
You could be halfway to earning your MBA:
- Up to 24 graduate credits (eight courses) may be transferred with the CPCU designation from The Institutes.
- The GMAT requirement is waived for individuals holding the CPCU designation.
- Maximum number of transfer credits accepted is 24.
You must complete and mail the following for consideration.
- An online application.
- Your professional resume.
- Official transcript(s) directly from other educational institutions documenting both undergraduate GPA and graduate credits earned
- Official CPCU transcripts from The Institutes or Graduate Management Admissions Test score.
- Letters of recommendation mailed directly to the Office of Admissions from two professionals or academics who can comment on your abilities, talents and aptitude for graduate study.
Upon completing the online application, mail the above directly to:
320 S. Main St.
Olivet, MI 49076
Your application will be reviewed when all materials are received.
Contact Kelly M. Parker, associate director of graduate business programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 269-749-7633.
Contact Mike Lazusky, director of adult professional and graduate programs, at email@example.com or by phone at 269-749-6612