Multicultural Education and Initiatives Office
Multicultural programs and activities that encourage recruitment, retention and graduation of our multicultural, first-generation and underrepresented students are a part of our campus culture. We also provide programs that help our majority students better understand cultural differences that can exist in our diverse campus environment.
The Multicultural Education and Initiatives Office coordinates educational activities and program initiatives related to the recruitment, enrollment, retention and graduation of multicultural undergraduate students.
Resources and Services
- Resources regarding careers, internships, graduate and professional school, education abroad and job opportunities.
- Assistance with questions on financial aid, scholarship and money management.
- Advocacy service, when appropriate, for the needs of multicultural students as defined by the College.
- Diversity training.
- Conflict resolution and other interpersonal matters.
- Development of study skills, time management and test-taking strategies.
- Obtaining tutorial assistance.
- Programs and activities that address campus climate issues, socio-cultural isolation and other non-academic topics.
- Identity development workshops.
- Leadership training.
- Program planning and development skills
Olivet College students are encouraged to join many of our student multicultural organizations, including the Black Student Union.