You’ve succeeded at one challenge. Now you’re ready for another.
We are honored to share with you the great opportunities awaiting you at Olivet College
Veterans are valuable assets to our community, bringing maturity, diversity, determination to succeed, and a wide range of skills and experiences to the college. We know that your discipline, focus and commitment to college may be different from that of students coming right from high school. We also understand that every man and woman who has served our country, as well as their family members, have had different life experiences and that it’s impossible to take a one-size-fits-all approach to serving veterans.
You’ve been there for us, now Olivet College is here for you and your family.
- Caring and personalized support for veterans in transition from military service to college life.
- An educational plan detailing the courses and academic requirements that will serve as your roadmap for success.
- Clear and honest answers to guide you in one of the most important transitions in your life.
- GI Bill benefits counseling
- On-campus veteran’s coordinator
- Scholarship opportunities, including the Olivet College Veterans’ Advocate Scholarship, established in 2016
- Priority housing consideration
- Olivet College Veterans’ Advocate Group membership
- Air Force ROTC program through Michigan State University
- Army ROTC program through Western Michigan University
Explore. Enroll. Pursue.
- Visit www.olivetcollege.edu or call 800.456.7189
- Schedule your personalized campus visit
- Apply online 24/7, free of charge!
- Submit civilian education and military course transcripts
- Apply for educational assistance through the Veterans Administration
- Apply for other financial aid or scholarships, including the Olivet College Veterans’ Advocate Scholarship
- Provide military documents of eligibility
- Begin your journey as a Comet!
Reach New Heights at Olivet College
- The OC ADVANTAGE: service learning projects, with hands-on experiences at the core of each program; Global learning opportunities that provide diverse and innovative educational experiences abroad; Industry-leading internship and research opportunities; graduation in four years or the fifth year is tuition free (when agreed upon academic plan is followed)
- 32 majors and 24 minors, including Insurance and Risk Management, Criminal Justice, Computer Science and Fitness Management
- Division III NCAA men’s and women’s athletics
Worried about the cost?
The Post-9/11 GI Bill offers unparalleled opportunities to achieve your goals for higher education. Plus, receiving VA education benefits does not reduce your eligibility for scholarships (such as the OC Veterans’ Advocate Scholarship) or need-based financial aid. In addition, some of your military credits may be transferrable, which will save time and money as you work toward your degree. Your decision to attend a premier, private liberal arts college, such as Olivet College, is now a reality.
Olivet College Veterans’ Advocate Scholarship, established 2016
Equal to 50 percent of tuition, this scholarship is available to veterans and active members of the National Guard or any recognized branch of the U.S. military or a reservist who qualifies for VA education benefits and/or military education assistance. Spouses and legal dependents may also apply.
Olivet College Veterans’ Advocate Group, established 2012
The mission of the Olivet College Veterans’ Advocate Group is to advocate, promote and support the concerns and issues of students who are active duty military, veterans and dependents. It serves as a voice for military and veteran students in student councils, government and to the Olivet College administration.
We’re Here for YOU
VA Certifying Official
Olivet College Admissions
When I left the Army it was a huge transition. I knew I wanted to do something different, but I didn’t know what. When I looked at the qualifications for the jobs that I wanted, most of the time they wanted someone with a degree in business. I decided that was what I was going to do. Olivet was close to home for me and it was highly regarded in the business community. My service was done, but I still had a lot of work ahead of me. The amount of mentoring I have received was exactly what I was looking for. I had been out of school for a long time and was unsure about how going back would play out. Olivet made the transition from military to the professional working environment much easier.Chad Hall ‘17