Olivet College
Menu Menu

Transfer FAQ

What is the maximum number of semester hours that can be transferred to your institution to be used toward a bachelor’s degree?
Olivet will accept up to 62 semester hours from a two-year institution and up to 90 semester hours from a four-year institution. We also accept a combination of semester hours from both two- and four-year institutions.

What is the minimum number of credit hours that I need to have in order to be eligible to apply as a transfer student?
We do not require a minimum number of credit hours in order to be eligible to transfer to Olivet College. We work with you one-on-one to transfer the maximum number of credits from your current institution.

What is the minimum GPA requirement for transfer student applicants? 
A minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA is required to transfer to Olivet College. If you have attended more than one institution, we will calculate your GPA based on credits attempted and credits earned.

When is the application deadline for transfer students?
We have rolling admissions at Olivet College and you can apply for free online at any time. Fill out an application at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester in which you plan to enroll.

What scholarships are available through your institution for new transfer students?
When it comes to our merit-based scholarships, we’ll accept either your high school or college grade point average to determine your transfer scholarship. Please see our grants and scholarships page for more information.

What classes do not transfer to Olivet College?
To be accepted, courses must be 100-level classes or higher and completed with a grade of 2.0 or higher. Olivet College does not accept pass/fail courses. Technical, vocational or remedial (developmental) courses are not accepted as transfer credit.

How can I determine if a class will transfer to Olivet College?
Olivet College utilizes the Michigan Transfer Network to record transfer course equivalencies for Michigan colleges and universities.

The substitution of any additional courses you have taken at other institutions for particular courses at Olivet College can only be approved by the department chair of the department in which the course is offered. No guarantee exists that a particular course taken at another institution will be permitted to substitute for a particular course at Olivet College. Students who wish to have a particular course or courses considered for substitution must complete a course substitution form. Submit the form along with the course description or syllabus of the course you wish to be considered to the department chair of the appropriate department for assessment. The name of the chair for each department can be found under Academic Departments.

If you have questions about transfer coursework, please contact Jared Stratz, director of admissions, via email or at 269-749-7767.