The Office of Multicultural Education at Olivet College coordinates programs and activities related to the recruitment, retention, enrollment and graduation of our multicultural students. We also provide programs that help our majority students better understand cultural differences that can exist in our diverse campus environment.
Services the office provides include:
- Identity development workshops
- Assisting students in academic matters
- Serving as an advocate, when appropriate, for the needs of multicultural students
- Diversity training
- Leadership training
- Program planning and development, such as the Multicultural Awards Banquet
- And the Diversity Scholar Program
Olivet College students can join a number of multicultural organizations before they graduate, including the Black Student Union, Latino Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Free Yo’ Mind and the Olivet chapter of the NAACP.