Student Success Center
The Student Success Center is focused on the academic success of all students, and we’ve got the resources to help you achieve your goals. All of our resources are free. We provide a small computer lab, a printer, private testing rooms, and quiet study areas. But the best part of the Center is the staff who are available to help you in a variety of ways.
- Peer Tutoring (writing, math, sciences, economics, etc.) – friendly upper-level students provide support with your homework.
- Mentor Collective – students can join OC’s Mentor Collective to be paired with a successful student or alumni with similar interests and goals. These mentors can help students navigate their transition to college and beyond.
- Internships – many students must complete an internship before graduation, but all students are encouraged to learn about these types of opportunities. Internships are a great way to help students solidify their career goals.
- Academic Mentoring – open to anyone, students can meet with staff mentors in addition to the Mentor Collective. These mentors can be especially helpful to athletes trying to navigate schedules and time management.
- Academic Accommodations – students who received accommodations for learning or physical disabilities previously also get support here. While this resource is most commonly used for alternate testing sites, our Coordinator works with you to make sure you get the resources you need.
- Freshman Success – because academic success often depends on what else is happening in your life, we have a dedicated Coordinator to help students be successful during their first year. She can help connect you with organizations to belong to or services you need, and be another support for you as you start out on this journey.
To learn more about these programs or to ask any questions, please contact one of our amazing employees from below, and don’t forget to stop by Mott 211 to say hello.