Student Success Center
The Student Success Center is focused on the academic success of all students, and we’ve got the resources to help you achieve your goals. All of our resources are free. We provide a small computer lab, a printer, private testing rooms, and quiet study areas. But the best part of the Center is the staff who are available to help you in a variety of ways.
- Peer Tutoring (writing, math, sciences, economics, etc.) – friendly upper-level students provide support with your homework.
- Academic Mentoring – open to anyone, these Mentors can be especially helpful to athletes trying to navigate schedules and time management.
- Internship Coordinating – what better way to ensure that your academic and career goals are aligned than to have an internship or job shadow in your field? Our Internship Coordinator can help connect you with resources and give you the skills to land that internship.
- Academic Accommodations – students who received accommodations for learning or physical disabilities previously also get support here. While this resource is most commonly used for alternate testing sites, our Coordinator works with you to make sure you get the resources you need.
- Freshman Success – because academic success often depends on what else is happening in your life, we have a dedicated Coordinator to help students be successful during their first year. She can help connect you with organizations to belong to or services you need, and be another support for you as you start out on this journey.
To learn more about these programs or to ask any questions, please contact one of our amazing employees from below, and don’t forget to stop by Mott 211 to say hello.