Outdoor Recreation and Competitive Clay Target Program
The Outdoor Recreation and Competitive Clay Target Team enables students experienced in clay target competition the opportunity to continue their sport at the college level, as well as an opportunity to earn a scholarship. Part of the Talent and Participatory Program, this co-ed program will compete with other colleges and universities in the region during the fall and spring.
The renewable scholarship award is contingent on participants meeting and maintaining all team and academic requirements. The scholarship may be awarded in addition to other financial aid or merit scholarships students receive.
Student-athletes must provide their own gun and will only have access under the direct supervision of the program’s head coach. In addition, athletes will be required to provide a letter of recommendation from their high school club coach and perform community service by way of caring for the environment.
As a member of the Outdoor Recreation and Competitive Clay Target Team, you get to focus 100% on your competition without worrying about funding your participation. Here are the highlights:
- Outdoor Recreation and Competitive Clay Target Team scholarships are available and are stackable with other scholarships you may earn.
- All travel for sanctioned events paid for by the Olivet college athletic department.
- All ammunition for team sanctioned practice and competition is paid for by the Olivet College Athletic Department.
- All team sanctioned tournament entry fees are paid for by the Olivet College Athletic Department.
- All target fees for team sanctioned practice is paid for by the Olivet College Athletic Department.
- All NGB fees are paid for by the Olivet College Athletic Department (ATA, NSSA, NSCA, SCTP).
- All travel insurance for the athlete’s firearm is paid for by the Olivet College Athletic Department.
- Team members are provided with team apparel and fitted custom Castellani Team Shooting vests.
The Olivet College Clay Target Team works with our Sports Psychology Department to provide techniques and strategies to help our athletes optimize their performance